Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Project Runway Designers Imagine Kate's Wedding Dress

Ack! I'm a huge fan of Project Runway, but these people just don't get it! They have no idea how to dress a royal bride. Some of these designs are frightening, and I'm frankly shocked at the (LOW) level of drawing skills among many of them. Still, it's quite a hilarious slideshow.

Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton

Traditional royal wedding gowns are never strapless or even sleeveless. The necklines can be a bit daring, but always tastefully so. I worry that Kate's taste can run to the slightly severe, and I hope her designer gets her to accept a big "statement" dress with a 10 foot train. Diana's train was 25 feet, but times are tough, so we don't want to go there. That said, I'd love to see a simple bodice and huge skirt. I also wonder if she could get away with something slightly off-the-shoulder?

What would you like to see Kate wear on her wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment