Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm back!





I'm back! It's a new year, a new time, and I'm refreshed and ready to bring you the fashions of Princess Catherine for 2012. Because other bloggers and sites are so good at identifying designers, shops and where-you-can-buy, I'm going to forego that department and focus mostly on, simply, how the Duchess looks. I know, it's shallow. But it's what we all want to talk about, right?

First gown of the new year is tonight's black lace number. The Duke and Duchess attended the UK premiere of War Horse at Odeon Leicester Square on January 8, 2012 in London, England.

My first impression? Bleh. Bleh. Bleh. While I do appreciate, and sometimes even love, the Duchess's infatuation with lace dresses, I find this one to be boring, dated and aging. It appears to be a flesh or pink colored dress with a lace suit over it. Very 40s, but not in a good way. Also, with the long dark hair hanging down, she calls to mind Morticia Addams. Hey, nobody said Morticia wasn't beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. welcome back! i love your plan of simply critiquing. this should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! And from time to time I'm going to take the liberty of photoshopping an image so that her clothes can look the way I think they should look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! welcome back! I actually really like this dress. But, I thought it not quite right for a movie premiere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! You know, I don't dislike this dress, but the more I think about it, the more I think - on the cusp of her 30th birthday - Kate could have gone much more youthful and fun.

    ReplyDelete