Friday, May 11, 2012

Catherine May 11 at London's Royal Albert Hall

William and Kate attended the "Our Greatest Team Rises" concert and fundraiser, a black tie gala evening to mark the countdown to the London 2012 Games, and to support the athletes. Kate wore a Jenny Packham gown in beautiful teal, and she had her hair UP! It's kinda cool that she chose to wear the same Jimmy Choo's she wore last night. I think they're a little more suited to this gown.
I ALMOST love this look. It's fresh and feminine, and the teal color is simply gorgeous. I love the delicate lace sleeves (and the sheer lace back), I love the jeweled belt, and I would have loved it even more if those side bits on the bodice were also draped in the teal silk. It's a tiny bit too busy on top, with the sleeves, the belt, the draping, the peekaboo lace, the dangly earrings, and those side parts. So I photoshopped it to show you what I mean, and I think it makes a big difference.
The back of the dress, by the way, is gorgeous! The teal lace and the tiny buttons are perfection. And the updo is fun and appropriate, too.
What do you think?

(photos courtesy The Daily Mail)

1 comment: