Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kate Middleton – White Dress At Claridges Hotel In London May 8, 2012

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a Roland Mouret cream gown at the Thirty Club Dinner, held at Claridges in London on May 9, 2012.
It's a pretty dress, well cut and form fitting. What I object to are the accessories. The earrings, according to a number of websites, are "paste", or faux. Not even real diamonds? She owns real diamond earrings, we've seen them. And the shoes? More Hollywood than high society. I'd have much preferred a simple pair of silver heels with a closed toe, to match the elegance of the gown, but my Photoshop skills aren't as good as my imagination. What I did do was to remove the earrings, exchange them for simple round diamond studs, and add a diamond hair clip. I think that as long as Catherine is determined to wear her hair down at formal events, she might as well use it as a fashion accessory, by adding jewely clips and barrettes. They can really dress up a simple gown, and have the added benefit of keeping her hair out of her face.

2 comments: