Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Duchess of Cambridge July 19, 2012

Today Kate visited the National Portrait Gallery, of which she is patron, to view a new Olympics inspired exhibition entitled Road to 2012: Aiming High.

Her outfit of choice was a Stella McCartney electric blue dress, black Prada heels, and a necklace by Cartier, called a Trinity necklace. It's 18K gold with pave diamonds on circles, and I guess she chose it because it evokes the Olympic rings. According to website "What Kate Wore", the necklace retails for $78,000! wow! To me, it looks like those 60s linked-circle belts (desperately seeking a photo so you youngun's will know what I'm talking about).

The dress is super form-fitted, made of stretch jersey that only about 3 people in the world can actually wear.




In fact, here's a picture of Chelsea Clinton -- same day, same dress - and Chelsea Clinton is a very slim, very fit young woman. Yet the dress clings in a slightly unflattering way to her form.

(image from Facebook by Barbara Kinney Photography)


So, yea, it's Stella McCartney, but it could just as easily be Victoria Beckham, don't you think? I mean, I kind of feel like I could have run this dress up on my home sewing machine. I don't hate it, it's nice and simple, but it's nothing special. I've always thought Stella McCartney was overrated, improving through the years but certainly got a helping hand from her famous name (same with Victoria Beckham). So I'm underwhelmed by this whole look, although I'm liking the lighter touch with the makeup! Be sure to tell me what you think! (images courtesy Daily Mail)

1 comment:

  1. I thought so too, i found her outfit kind of boring

    ReplyDelete