Thursday, September 13, 2012

SINGAPORE: A Series of Dresses

Kate has attended a series of events in Singapore, in a series of pretty dresses. Apparently the heat in Singapore is brutal, so dressing to stay cool while still being properly covered is probably of paramount importance. For that reason, I think these dresses are perfect. They're cool, comfortable, attractive, and appropriate. Nothing really stands out, except those horrid wedge shoes she chose to wear with a very pretty Alexander McQueen white broiderie Anglaise dress (or two piece?).
The middle look is actually my favorite, it's by Raoul, and is actually two pieces: a pleated skirt and a simple top.
I have to hand it to Kate, I would never in a million years have looked twice at that outfit on the rack. I like how the sleeves have been hiked up, too. William and Kate's last stop in Singapore was to the Commonwealth war graves cemetery, where Catherine's pale blue Jenny Packham dress was appropriate and cool. I'm not insane over the parasol -

--it's way too Camilla for my taste. I would have preferred she wear a large hat to keep the sun at bay. But the dress is lovely, sober and appropriate. Kate is definitely championing the 3/4 sleeve look on this trip, probably again because of the heat. She can't be too bare, but long sleeves would have been stifling. I doubt the 3/4 length sleeve is a fashion choice she'll continue with, but we'll see.

Now just as an aside, let's look at this picture:

She couldn't possibly be....pregnant, could she???? (images courtesy Sipa; Bauer Griffin; Getty Images, Hussein Samir/sipa)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete